Friday, July 11, 2008

Trish : Sharkybits

I wanted to make a shark thing. I admit that. I learned to use the masking feature this time around (thanks Wes for the tips) and that came in really handy not only in making his eyes and mouth but later in the painting phase. The snake hook was the most helpful in the initial formation of his dorsal fin and especially in making his teeth which are just things I yanked out of his gums. On his hips and chest area I wanted to give an exaggerated look and really push his stomach in concave to show off the bulk of his enromous ribcage.

Clearly I got into polypainting which is a completely easy thing, except you need to know how to paint. Thank goodness I partially do. Getting a soft edged blend is hard and as a tip - the C key will eyedropper whatever color without lighting your crosshair is over at the time. GENIUS.

I'm still a retard moving the model about in 3D space sometimes but I feel I am getting better.

No comments: